Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Achievements not unlocking? Try this.

• Spartan9209Spartan9209259,149
    Posted on 10 March 20 at 22:42, Edited on 11 March 20 at 02:01 by Spartan9209
    Delete the folder titled 976730 in your steam profile userdata folder located in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
    From TrueAchievements forum user Tarvu. https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1...

Reposting here because I spent an hour or so looking for a solution but didn't think to look in the Xbox sister site.

For whatever reason these two achievements were glitched and would not unlock.
    Halo: The Master Chief CollectionConfused CalloutsThe Confused Callouts achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 15 pointsHalo: Reach: Trigger a humorous callout on your HUD's position indicator.

Halo: The Master Chief CollectionEasy to OverlookThe Easy to Overlook achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 13 pointsHalo: Reach: Access hidden UNSC radio chatter.

They unlocked perfectly normal after deleting that folder. Note: this does remove your user settings so you will have to reapply them.
  • Spartan9209Spartan9209259,149
  • Posted on 09 July 20 at 23:49
    Does this not work anymore? I have some achievements that will not pop, I tried this method, I uninstalled it, I did it again.
    They are...
    Why Am I Here?
    So You Don't Want the Tank?
    Are We There Yet?
    And So It Begins...
    Betcha can't stick it...
    All According to Plan...
    Big Green Style
  • lightsup55lightsup5517,671
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 23:54
    TheShyShooter said:
    Does this not work anymore? I have some achievements that will not pop, I tried this method, I uninstalled it, I did it again.
    They are...
    Why Am I Here?
    So You Don't Want the Tank?
    Are We There Yet?
    And So It Begins...
    Betcha can't stick it...
    All According to Plan...
    Big Green Style
    Those specific ones haven't unlocked for anyone recently that I know of.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy4225,705
    Posted on 14 July 20 at 11:27, Edited on 14 July 20 at 11:30 by MathGuy42
    I have all achievements on Xbox One. With the H3 update, all remaining HCE and H2 achievements unlocked, along with the Guardians are coming.

All H3 unlocked, except for
    Halo: The Master Chief CollectionA Preference for PainThe A Preference for Pain achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 43 pointsHalo 3: Complete the Halo 3 LASO Campaign playlist.
    Halo: The Master Chief CollectionAficiandoThe Aficiando achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 33 pointsHalo 3: Complete three Halo 3 playlists.

My Steam total is now 511 achievements. Except for the two above, all the other locked achievements would be impossible to unlock on PC by playing (H4 or H3: ODST needed).

What are other people seeing?
  • lightsup55lightsup5517,671
    Posted on 14 July 20 at 11:33
    MathGuy42 said:
    I have all achievements on Xbox One. With the H3 update, all remaining HCE and H2 achievements unlocked, along with the Guardians are coming.

All H3 unlocked, except for
    Halo: The Master Chief CollectionA Preference for PainThe A Preference for Pain achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 43 pointsHalo 3: Complete the Halo 3 LASO Campaign playlist.
    Halo: The Master Chief CollectionAficiandoThe Aficiando achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 33 pointsHalo 3: Complete three Halo 3 playlists.

My Steam total is now 511 achievements.

What are other people seeing?
    Same. toast
    Posted on 14 July 20 at 11:36
    lightsup55 said:
    Same. toast
    Yeah, I just saw that only one person on TSA has those two achievements. And they have all 700 unlocked. Looks to be a hacker.
    Posted on 22 September 20 at 11:09
    ODST Update: Now I'm at 610 achievements. For the first time, every achievement that should be unlocked has indeed unlocked. At least as far as I can tell, the remaining 90 require H4 to legitimately unlock.

Here's hoping that the final H4 update works the first time and we get to 700!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads