Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

How can I be sure this site stays up

• Posted on 13 February 20 at 11:44
    it's been baffling me since day 1 there's no actual community whatsoever here, nobody uses the forums, nobody refers to the site on youtube etc.

so since these days I centre my gaming activities on getting achievements for steam games to rise in rank specifically at this leaderboard (and a lot of League of Legends on the side)... who's to say whoever runs this project doesn't simply shut it down overnight and all the work was for nothing?!?
  • ArkhaneArkhane26,589
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 14:39
    TSA is part of a larger group (TrueGaming Network), so from my point of view, chances are it won't be shut down any time soon (but I cannot say for sure, I'm not the voice of the owners). Before, news at least were shared between the 3 websites, but not anymore :/
  • Posted on 17 February 20 at 16:52
    I doubt it will just be shut down on a whim, but sadly, this site just never gained any traction. Achievement/Trophy hunters are rare enough on console,,...almost non existent on Steam.
  • Posted on 17 February 20 at 20:20, Edited on 17 February 20 at 20:21 by TrueSteam
    We have absolutely no plans to shut this site down - in fact we put considerable resource on redesigning the homepage a couple of months ago.

So don’t panic. TSA Is here to stay!
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy57,558
    Posted on 22 February 20 at 12:15, Edited on 22 February 20 at 12:19 by iMaginaryy
    Floorkiller74 said:
    I doubt it will just be shut down on a whim, but sadly, this site just never gained any traction. Achievement/Trophy hunters are rare enough on console,,...almost non existent on Steam.
    That's not entirely true, just from browsing community hubs, guides, etc and some popular profiles there are certainly plenty of achievement hunters on steam - and a community for it in it's own right - but as you say this sort of TGN achievement hunting just hasn't been made aware or gained traction - yet. These things take time!

Took time for TA as well, even though it was around for much of the Xbox lifespan, whereas TSA came a bit later to the party and those on steam have already been doing it their way for so long it's harder to introduce probably.

PC is also an entirely different attitude than consoles generally. So there's that.

edit: Also, showing support by donating or subscribing to pro for any amount of time always helps to keep it alive! Absolutely do not regret the many years I've subscribed over on TA.
    All great art is made from suffering.
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 23:00
    Unfortunately speedrunning (which is completely useless bullshit in my eyes) steals all the limelight from actual gamers nowadays, that's a big part of the problem. something done by mere hundreds with double digit iqs gets millions of views. people learning and beating one game after the other are true gamers and deserve attention, not some input bot freaks!
  • ArkhaneArkhane26,589
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 23:30
    Andreas Teufel said:
    Unfortunately speedrunning (which is completely useless bullshit in my eyes) steals all the limelight from actual gamers nowadays, that's a big part of the problem. something done by mere hundreds with double digit iqs gets millions of views. people learning and beating one game after the other are true gamers and deserve attention, not some input bot freaks!
    Wait what?
  • vizthexvizthex71,602
    Posted on 29 May 23 at 04:00
    Even if it did shut down, there's other sites that do the same thing (hell, I have account on one that covers damn near every platform at once).

I personally prefer this way more than other sites, but they are an option on the off chance this goes kaput (but as others said, it probably won't go anywhere. Been around for almost a decade already).
    vizthex, Attempter of Achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads