Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Notification when a formerly completed game gets new achievements

• SirithreSirithre59,647
    Posted on 13 March 18 at 13:29
    A few times now I have 100%ed a game, and finally put the game out of mind. Often, I even put it in a different category on steam so it's not cluttering up my library when I'm trying to decide what to play next.

Several times now, I've only noticed by chance that these formerly completed games have added new achievements and are no longer technically complete.

I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would be nice if we got a message somehow similar to the one we get when reaching 100%, advising us that this is no longer the case.

The most recent example is Pictopix, which added new achievements Feb 22 and I only noticed two weeks later.

Curious as to what else I had missed, I went back through my completed games only to find that Among the Sleep had added achievements at some point ages ago.

At the very least, if they could auto-remove from the Trophy list so that maybe my homepage seeming 'off' will trigger me to look into which game might no longer be at 100%.
  • Posted on 13 March 18 at 16:28
    That's something that needs to be added, gamers are very picky on completed games and now that games are adding more achievements to previously 100%ed games, these gamers are very annoyed because they weren't notified

I will def get on that with the dev team
  • RebornReborn75,270
    Posted on 13 March 18 at 18:22
    Go to your My Settings and scroll down to DLC then check "PM me when new DLC appears for games I own" to Yes

Hope that helps.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • SirithreSirithre59,647
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 07:00
    @Reborn ;

I have that checked now. But new achievements doesn't always mean new DLC. I don't believe it notifies unless the new achievements are also grouped into DLC specific categories.

In my above examples, Among the Sleep achievements were added as DLC (but I did not know that option existed at the time) whereas the new Pictopix achievements are not listed as seperate DLC.

Another example would be Cat Quest; again was not categorized as DLC.
  • RebornReborn75,270
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 08:22
    Anytime achievements are added for a game the GI team will add it as a “title update” that counts as DLC and you will be notified about the additions.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • Posted on 14 March 18 at 12:31
    Reborn said:
    Anytime achievements are added for a game the GI team will add it as a “title update” that counts as DLC and you will be notified about the additions.
    Here on TSA, adding achievements comes as "New DLC For" and the game name following up with the number of added achievements
  • FlippolFlippol111,009
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 19:41, Edited on 14 March 18 at 19:48 by Flippol
    Reborn said:
    We actually don't separate title update achievements; they just get merged into the base game.

So a notification for any new achievements added to games would be great.
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 16 March 18 at 17:16
    Yeah as Flippol just said we don't track title updates because there just so too many games, devs can add and delete achievement however they want and we'd have to go back and spend time on older games. Time we don't really have as steam already adds a lot of games to the platform as it is. But I'll pass this wish along to the admins.
  • Posted on 18 March 18 at 02:49
    Veilor said:
    Yeah as Flippol just said we don't track title updates because there just so too many games, devs can add and delete achievement however they want and we'd have to go back and spend time on older games. Time we don't really have as steam already adds a lot of games to the platform as it is. But I'll pass this wish along to the admins.
    I will leave it to you guys, TSA Patrick is outta here!....
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads