Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Discontinued Achievements

• Posted on 07 February 18 at 18:49
    I posted about the use of SAM in regards to unlocking or locking these in another thread which I've been told that this is prohibited (I did think so but thought I'd ask for special circumstances...)

Now someone in the that thread raised a valid idea...

Would it be feasible to Remove said Blocked or Discontinued Achievements from the TSA completion percentage?

Examples I can think of are the "Pay It Forward" achievement on Darksiders II and the "Big Leagues" achievement on Black Ops II: MP - There's some for L4D2 I believe and many many others I'm sure.

Now this should effect the total TSA score system for those who actually have unlocked them (lucky who you may be) but for those who are unable to achieve these anymore it would still remove the annoyance of not being able to "100%" all your games (tho its not a true 100% it's as close as we are going to get without cheating).

What are everyone's thoughts?
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 20:18
    I was the one who brought that up, I think that this idea is needed because gamers are picky about number even if that comes to achievement completion percentage

So tbh, Steam or even TSA (Us) could provide the requirements for a certain game to be cleared

What that means is, in order to have the discontinued/unobtainable achievement deleted from your overall percentage (Not Unlocked yet) you have to meet a certain percent of achievements completed for the game which is avereged by the number of achievements.

One that is meet, they either TSA or Steam could remove the achievements from the percentage which will no longer hold the percentage down

That's my idea
  • Posted on 08 February 18 at 07:42
    +1
    Respect and Embrace Humility. Et Respicias Humilitatem Amplecti.
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth363,038
    Posted on 08 February 18 at 07:45
    The idea of removing discontinued achievements from the site wouldn't go down well. What about those who have spent hours upon hours grinding multiplayer achievements before a games servers go down? I think they'd be pretty annoyed to see their achievements removed from the site, don't you think?
  • Posted on 09 February 18 at 17:04
    thirtysmooth said:
    The idea of removing discontinued achievements from the site wouldn't go down well. What about those who have spent hours upon hours grinding multiplayer achievements before a games servers go down? I think they'd be pretty annoyed to see their achievements removed from the site, don't you think?
    If you actually read my initial post I do mention this sort of thing. I say it should only effect the completion percentage and nothing else. Those lucky people to have received the achievements in question would still receive the TSA score and such.
  • Posted on 13 February 18 at 15:27, Edited on 13 February 18 at 15:29 by TSA Patrick
    ParsleyParsnips said:
    thirtysmooth said:
    If you actually read my initial post I do mention this sort of thing. I say it should only effect the completion percentage and nothing else. Those lucky people to have received the achievements in question would still receive the TSA score and such.
    I do understand where thirty is coming from here. The gamers that did grind for these achievements before server closures would most likely not like the change, especially when they worked very hard on a tight schedule to obtain them.

But in our case Parsely, we would only like them to be not counted towards the completion percentage. But for those gamers who unlocked the achievements like the one posted below, I admit they deserve them to be added to their completion percentage. Only we the community that hasn't completed these unobtainable achievements would benefit from this, not the ones that so desperatly completed them before they were gone

Call of Duty: Black Ops II MultiplayerBig LeaguesThe Big Leagues achievement in Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer worth 42 pointsWin 5 multiplayer League Play games after being placed in a division.

Sorry, but after a long thought I do have to downvote this. I did bring this up, but it would be unfair to those who have put the time and dedication towards completing the online achievements before they were either removed or discontinued. I would like to see you agree with me here smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads