Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Walkthroughs that link to TA

• DukeDuke16,316
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 19:59
    So let's be honest.. TSA is amazing except for one thing, achievement guides, and walkthroughs.
    I think a very simple, and fast solution would be to simply have it auto link a walkthrough from TA if one on TSA is not available.
    That way we don't have to do it ourselves :/

Simple, fast, and clean. It would update a HUGE portion of the site.
    The same goes for achievement guides.
    If you have a separate section at the bottom that says "top guide on true achievements" and have the highest voted solution posted there, then even though some buttons/keys would be off, it would give a general idea on how to pop the achievement.

Anywho that's just my idea ^^
  • RebornReborn75,262
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:03
    This has been brought up in the past on TA and TT, but it ultimately comes down to there being slight differences and variations between some achievements and games. A certain walkthrough might work for a game on Xbox, but won't have the same effect for the game on PC.

To be better safe than sorry each site keeps its own content rather than porting walkthroughs over. Solutions on the other hand, are up to the writer if they want to create an account and re-post on the other TGN sites.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,688
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 01:55, Edited on 13 October 16 at 01:57 by Nomstuff
    Reborn said:
    Solutions on the other hand, are up to the writer if they want to create an account and re-post on the other TGN sites.
    This is actually a thing on TT/TA now. We just need the ability to link games between TSa and TA/TT for this to happen.

TT also changed its tune a while back to allow ports from TA on the condition that the writer was able to make the required changes between the platforms and the Staff/Original Owner on TA agreed to it. TSA however doesn't currently have the Walkthrough feature enabled.
  • RebornReborn75,262
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 07:04
    Didn't know they finally let up on the strict rules regarding that. Awesome. Hopefully you guys get the ability to cross link games on here soon.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • RVallantRVallant274,055
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 13:28
    For some games, there are excellent steam guides that cover everything quite nicely. I wonder if it is possible to contact some of those authors to use their guides on Steam? Or to link to them?

Might be too much hassle though.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,688
    Posted on 13 October 16 at 15:02
    It'd be up to the authors if they wanted to bring their guides here.
  • Posted on 17 March 22 at 20:50
    I was going to post this idea, and ran a search before posting. This came up.

For me, TSA is truly lacking because almost NONE of the achievements have guides in them; while EVERY achievement in TA has guides in them. I'm always having to manually go to TA for guides; and have never seen a case where that guide has not worked for me on Steam / PC.
  • DukeVonLeoDukeVonLeo12,063
    Posted on 27 November 22 at 19:57
    +1 for this integration. Maybe a warning signal that a specific Guide was ported instead of written from scratch so people have choice to follow or not. The lack of guides is what really keeps me from become a Pro TSA member. I am currently using TA guides (Pro member for 5+ years now) but would be amazing to have it in all in TSA instead of opening TA for the guide, chance tabs, scan TSA account to check that nice unlocked green stripe.
  • Posted on 23 September 23 at 14:50
    +1 for this also. I know this is an old thread but I think it's still very relevant.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads