Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Scanners can't get it right. Showing unlocked achievements as locked, and even vice versa

• RagenarokRagenarok173,356
    Posted on 03 January 24 at 11:58
    The achievement scanner has done a big oopsie when it has come to my account.
    Something I discovered earlier today, but the discovery keeps growing the more I look into it.
    In some cases, this ste is incorrectly displaying achievements as locked, when I have actually unlocked them.

Looking at my games list for an example; at the time of typing this post -
    My borderlands 3 achievements:
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005823500/stats/...

Compare this with my recently updated scan on Truesteamachievements:
    Ragenarok's achievements in Borderlands 3

Note that according to TSA I haven't unlocked:
    Who collects the collector
    Shoe money tonight
    Don't Be a Stranger
    Party's still on

Despite the fact that I can see that I have. One as long ago as 2020. And one as recent at 2 weeks ago.

Similar issues with Halo Master Chief Collection, but since that game has over 700 achievements, it would be far more painful to cross reference.
    What I do know however is that Trueachievements.com is scamming it correctly (Halo Master chief collection is cross platform, I'm unlocking steam achievements and xbox achievements at the same time.
    And that there are achievements like Jorge can't have all the big guns that I unlocked 2 years ago
    Verifiable here & Here https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005823500/stats/... & https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Halo-The-Master-Chief-...
    That aren't correctly displaying as unlocked here on TSA.

This isn't the strangest part though. Conversely, sometimes this site shows achievements as unlocked when they're actually locked. Returning back to borderlands 3.
    There are achievements I haven't unlocked EVER, that TSA believes I have.
    Good one, Babe (secret)
    That's quite challenging (secret)
    How the west was won (secret)
    Helpful hunter (secret)

I have a feeling there might be something wrong with how the site reads DLC achievements - like if it's all numbers on spreadsheets, maybe some refs are broken or something. Also, it just says DLCName when I mouse over what DLCs the achievements come from.

So that's my issue.
    I have posted here: Post here to request a Full ReScan
    To request a full rescan of my account.
    But I've also seen it reported in that thread that a rescan isn't always a fix for people's tracking related issues.
    Regards, Ragenarok
  • PolerandPolerand13,692
    Posted on 03 January 24 at 15:50, Edited on 03 January 24 at 15:52 by Polerand
    I noticed the same issue for myself and Civ VI - it seems to have started with the new year. I know one of my achievements was from January 2nd but this site dates it to July - several of them show unlocked if I click the achievement itself but show locked in the game view.

EDIT: Thought of another thing - the total count of achievements stayed correct and matched Steam. And it is now correct on the site but yesterday it was all mixed up.
    Posted on 04 January 24 at 09:55
    Polerand said:
    I noticed the same issue for myself and Civ VI - it seems to have started with the new year. I know one of my achievements was from January 2nd but this site dates it to July - several of them show unlocked if I click the achievement itself but show locked in the game view.

EDIT: Thought of another thing - the total count of achievements stayed correct and matched Steam. And it is now correct on the site but yesterday it was all mixed up.
    The achievement count is correct on my end also with both of the games i referenced. But what achievements comprise that number seem to be scrambled
    Regards, Ragenarok
  • Posted on 04 January 24 at 18:48
    Scanners not right for my Starfield. Surgical Strike and The Hammer Falls. Both have the same unlock time of Dec 10 at 20:03. According to my steam profile one was unlocked at Dec 10 at 12:40 pm and the other was unlocked on Dec 11 at 9:46 am. I can seem to get this fixed.
    Posted on 06 January 24 at 03:22
    To anyone having this issue, go here
    Post here to request a Full ReScan

Request a full rescan, that's what fixed my issue

My Halo: Master chief collection and borderlands are correct.

Additionally, when mousing over the DLC icon, rather than saying DLCName, it actually shows the appropriate name of the DLC that achievement is from.
    Regards, Ragenarok
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads