Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Achievement shows in Friend Feed, but not in My Achievements or game page

• AlexCyrlexAlexCyrlex98,705
    Posted on 17 September 23 at 20:23
    I have unlocked the "Welcome, friend!" achievement in "Friends vs Friends" game
    Friends vs FriendsWelcome, friend!AlexCyrlexThe Welcome, friend! achievement in Friends vs Friends worth 10 pointsPlay your first quick play game

It shows on my Steam profile, and on TSA it shows in my Friend Feed: AlexCyrlex

However, it doesn't seem to show anywhere else on TSA - not in My Achievements AlexCyrlex's Achievements , not in the game page AlexCyrlex's achievements in Friends vs Friends, not in current achievement streak AlexCyrlex Win Streak - 306 days from 14 Jul 23

This doesn't look like an issue with scan, because TSA knows that I have unlocked this achievement - it shows in Friend Feed. So why doesn't it show anywhere else?
    Posted on 19 September 23 at 20:55
    The same happened to another achievement from a different game
    Sky Clash: Lords of Clans 3DConstruction & development IAlexCyrlexThe Construction & development I achievement in Sky Clash: Lords of Clans 3D worth 10 pointsUpgrade the Town Hall to level 3

Looks like all achievements for new games (those games where I haven't received achievements before) are not processed correctly - they show in Friend Feed, but nowhere else. And the games with previously unlocked achievements work properly - achievements appear on all pages.

And it also looks like other users have reported similar issues, such as in this thread: Post here to request a Full ReScan
    Posted on 22 September 23 at 04:55
    Looks like previous achievements are finally unlocked on TSA for me - thanks!

But the issue still exists - when I play a new game and unlock achievements for it, they only show in Friend Feed and nowhere else. For example, this achievement:
    MONOPOLY PokerUpgrade a street 1 timeAlexCyrlexThe Upgrade a street 1 time achievement in MONOPOLY Poker worth 11 pointsUpgrade a street once on the boardwalk

What is going on? This issue seems to exist since September 13, there was a post about some changes to scanners on that date. Then there was a post on September 21 (yesterday) saying that the issue was fixed, and while previous achievements were fixed indeed, the same situation repeats for new achievements. Is it some serious bug in scanner implementation? Are there any expectations when it could be fixed? And if fixing this issue is too hard, perhaps it would be better to revert to a previous version of scanner implementation (at least for now) - it may be slower and less stable, but at least it worked?
  • Posted on 22 September 23 at 10:13, Edited on 22 September 23 at 10:13 by TrueSteam
    AlexCyrlex said:
    Looks like previous achievements are finally unlocked on TSA for me - thanks!

But the issue still exists - when I play a new game and unlock achievements for it, they only show in Friend Feed and nowhere else. For example, this achievement:
    MONOPOLY PokerUpgrade a street 1 timeAlexCyrlexThe Upgrade a street 1 time achievement in MONOPOLY Poker worth 11 pointsUpgrade a street once on the boardwalk

What is going on? This issue seems to exist since September 13, there was a post about some changes to scanners on that date. Then there was a post on September 21 (yesterday) saying that the issue was fixed, and while previous achievements were fixed indeed, the same situation repeats for new achievements. Is it some serious bug in scanner implementation? Are there any expectations when it could be fixed? And if fixing this issue is too hard, perhaps it would be better to revert to a previous version of scanner implementation (at least for now) - it may be slower and less stable, but at least it worked?
    Thank you for the feedback.

The scanner changes we necessary as there were some large steam accounts we just couldn't scan at all with the old code.

We'll look into this again today.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads