Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Explanation or values on "TSA Ratio" leader board are wrong

• tuxxillatuxxilla112,727
    Posted on 03 January 23 at 15:38
    I found two posts on the topic in the past, but they did not answer my question.

I just got the following entry on my dashboard
    tuxxilla has reached a new milestone: TSA Ratio of 1.7
    This made me wonder what my personal ratio actually is. I.e. I do understand the individual games ratio but did not know how to affect my own.

The explanation on the "Gamer by TrueSteamAchievement Ratio" leader board tells:
    ... calculated as their TrueSteamAchievement/(Achievements * 10) ...
    For me that would be 88421/(5916*10) ~= 1.49 which is not 1.7

Also looking at the board where the first place has a ratio of 40.25 this formula does not fit at all.

Could you please explain what this value is about and update the corresponding explanation next to the leader board?
    Posted on 20 January 23 at 13:06
    Seems like it's just a magic number which nobody can explain roll
  • Posted on 21 January 23 at 01:04
    I think i can assist you.

the equation is your true steam achievement score (the number in the upper right) divided by your G score (if you click on your name in the upper right it should be the number to the right of your true steam achievement score).

so for you the equation is 88,736/52,090 which equals 1.70
    Posted on 27 January 23 at 19:48
    Admiral PewPew said:

the equation is your true steam achievement score (the number in the upper right) divided by your G score (if you click on your name in the upper right it should be the number to the right of your true steam achievement score).

Thanks a lot! Your equation makes sense and also indicates that the explanation on the site is wrong.

I really tried searching before asking but... what is the G-Score?
    It looks like the XBox Gamer Score but nowhere on the site is an indication on that number (apart from my profile). Trueachievements.com lists the G-Score with every game.

Irrespective of that I come to the conclusion that the "TSA Ratio" does not make any sense. It gets high if I gather a lot of achievements which are not crediting a G-Score. Hence the user with the highest ratio just figured out how to "game" this system as he has 75,684/1,880=40.24
  • Posted on 27 January 23 at 23:17
    tuxxilla said:
    Admiral PewPew said:

Thanks a lot! Your equation makes sense and also indicates that the explanation on the site is wrong.

I really tried searching before asking but... what is the G-Score?
    It looks like the XBox Gamer Score but nowhere on the site is an indication on that number (apart from my profile). Trueachievements.com lists the G-Score with every game.

Irrespective of that I come to the conclusion that the "TSA Ratio" does not make any sense. It gets high if I gather a lot of achievements which are not crediting a G-Score. Hence the user with the highest ratio just figured out how to "game" this system as he has 75,684/1,880=40.24
    So I believe the G-score is the amount of steam achievements times 10. This site may not recognize all your steam achievements for some reason. for example when i joined a few games i had beat didn't have their achievements on this site. there is a forum somewhere to report that and they get added very quickly.

If you are looking to game the system I think the easiest way is to find achievements in a game where a lot of people have played that game but have not unlocked that achievement. it's a system that essentially gives a higher value to rarer achievements. the more rare achievements you pop the higher up your TSA ratio will go.
  • Posted on 28 January 23 at 13:04
    The description of the Leaderboard is a bit off. It's indeed your TSA score divided by Gamerscore. As Steam doesn't give a score value to the achievements, but we need it for the TSA calculation, each achievement is worth 10 points. So in that way, the calculation on the leaderboard is correct. However, a couple of years ago, we have introduced something called 'spam games', and the achievements in these games aren't worth 10 points, but much less. That's causing the discrepancy between the two calculations.
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 10:36
    Thanks! Does it in that case actually make sense to have a leader board on the TSA Ratio?
    Based on all the info above, it can only be increase by playing more spam games which do not affect the gamer score, hence increase your ratio.
  • Posted on 31 January 23 at 06:33
    Oh, spam games don't inflate your ratio that much. The whole idea on the TSA score started with Xbox where both an achievement for 'Start the game' for game X and 'Finish the game in INSANE difficulty' on game Y were both worth 50 Gamerscore, which makes no sense. Therefore the person who started the Trueachievements website came up with a 'TA Score' calculation which basically looks at how many people started a game, and how many people got the achievement.

For the above example, if 20.000 people played game X, and 16.000 got the achievement, the ratio is SQRT(16000 / 20000) = 1.12 ratio, so the achievement would be worth 50 * 1.12 = 56 TSA

If 20.000 people played game Y, and 8000 got the achievement, the ratio is SQRT(8000 / 20000) = 1.58, making the achievement worth 50 * 1.58 = 79 TSA

This gives a more honest points worth to the latter, more 'difficult' achievement.

Because Steam achievements have no points. Each achievement will be worth 10 points by default, allowing us to implement the TSA calculation.

Achievements from spam games however, are only worth 0.1 points each.

So, if I play a 'spam game' with 10.000 achievements that are worth 0.1 points against a ratio of 1.0, then my TSA score for that game would be 1000.

Now, if I play a REAL game, with only 20 achievements, the game is worth 2000 points already. But if the ratio is 2.6, the game is already worth 5200 TSA points.
    Posted on 03 February 23 at 17:38
    Thanks again Belindo152 that was really helpful and I appreciate your explanation on TSA system.

Still you did not really explain the reason for the TSA Ratio formula which is, as you pointed out, TSA/GS.

The former #1 on the list magically disappeared compute but let's take the current leader
    GrooMan

This account has a TSA Ratio of 15.86 = 40931/2850

The only reason for being #1 on the ratio leader board is managing to play games (or hit them by chance) that do not reward Gamer Score. Still nowhere on truesteamachievements.com is any relation to a single achievement (or game) and it's gamer score.

So in order to increase my TSA Ratio I might try playing more of the games that GrooMan played facepalm .. you might get the point that this makes no sense. Or am I still missing something?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads