Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Possible cheating in EU4 Leviathan?

• CathartisCathartis127,771
    Posted on 28 April 21 at 21:28, Edited on 28 April 21 at 21:43 by Cathartis
    The Europa Universalis 4 expansion "Leviathan" was released yesterday. How suspicious should I be when I notice that a certain user seems to have unlocked every achievement from the expansion on the same day, all marked as the 8th of April - i.e. 19 days before the expansion officially released. As far as I am aware, even streamers weren't getting copies that early.

As a general rule, many achievements take a substantial amount of time to get (10+ hours), and 4 of the expansion achievements are specific to particular countries, so it's extremely unlikely he got them in the same play through.

What's going on?
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,746
    Posted on 28 April 21 at 21:29
    Have you looked at the timestamps for when this user earned these achievements? If they're all unlocked at the same time, that#s usually a giveaway.
  • CathartisCathartis127,771
    Posted on 28 April 21 at 21:37
    Where are the timestamps? All I see is dates, However I do notice that between the 8th and 10th of April this user's True Steam Achievement Score jumped by roughly 20,000 points, which seems a little challenging to achieve!
  • RederdexRederdex237,604
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 11:44
    The best bet would be to just report anyone you think is suspicious saying why you think that. If they really are cheating, they will most likely get banned on the site
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads