Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Question about Logging into games on a new account

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 September 20 at 12:18, Edited on 05 September 20 at 12:19 by
    Hey Guys

So, I deleted my old steam account because one of my friends' friends was able to hack it and steal the password. I was able to tell steam to deactivate the account Since I owned mostly F2P games and maybe 1 or 2 paid games that I got as gifts.

Starting from scratch, I play Paladins and Warframe. I even re-bought Halo TMCC and these achievements usually unlock because I have my progression saved on the accounts associated with them.

Now lets take Paladins, Halo and Warframe. I unlinked my old Steam account from Hi-rez and linked my new steam account to it. Opening the game, all the achievements I had on my previous account popped in rapid succession.

Same with Halo, since when you start the game, you'll need to sign in to your Xbox live account, it will unlock the achievements as well in rapid succession. And the same Applies to Warframe when you log into your DE account.

Now my question is, does this get flagged as cheating since my account is new and there is very little play time? Or is there something the system recognizes? Thanks.
    A gamer who has come back.
  • RederdexRederdex237,604
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 23:50
    I can't talk about TSA, but other trackers usually know which games have achievements that activate on a playthrough based on another account (that's still yours) and which don't.

Games like Paladins, Warframe, Path of Exile and Time clickers are well known games that can be played either on their on launcher or on steam. If you do get flagged for a reason though, you can always just post a link to your profile in the same game, and everything should fix itself afterwards :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads