Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Clearly fraudulent completions

• fonewearl88fonewearl88383,648
    Posted on 30 May 20 at 19:43
    Hi

I've been playing Logistical: ABC Islands (https://truesteamachievements.com/forum/viewthreads.aspx), and just noticed that it's flagged as a spam game. I looked a little into this and several of the completions are clearly SAM'd.

For example, my last several DAYS of play have been dedicated to completing Japan, as it requires 8 products, each 380,000+. I am nowhere near completion and have 490 hours, and a quick glance into the Logistical discord will validate that this particular one takes lots and lots and lots and lots of hours to 100%.

Some people with completions that have clearly SAM'd it:

cmasterchief's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    Craniax's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    kingpin01's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    Meszes' achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    Shylight's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands

Some more realistic hour counts:

snoopywg's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    Celtic Batman's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    PsyMar's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands
    Dodo's achievements in LOGistICAL: ABC Islands

It seems to me that these SAMers have led to this being incorrectly categorised as a spam game. I wasn't sure where to put this but investigations seemed like the best place. Can this be investigated? Could Logistical: ABC Islands be uncategorised as Spam, as it's clearly not? Many thanks.
  • Posted on 12 June 20 at 17:18
    Hi fonewearl88,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this. Our Game Information team has informed me that the LOGistICAL spam game bug should be fixed the next time the site recalculates scores.

You are correct that some completions do look suspicious. However, our investigations have cleared the legitimate ones. Multiple users have explained in detail the method used, and it does not violate our cheat policy here on TSA.

I hope that clears things up. Reach out anytime if you have any other questions about anything.

Cheers!
    -IM
  • Posted on 08 July 20 at 05:49
    It used to be possible to load different/multiple Logistical modules inside any one launched Logistical game. That way someone could have launched (for example) the Norway module, and from within, they could open ABC Islands, Japan, etc. In that situation, while the person could be flipping through 3 modules and completing its goals, only Norway would accumulate time and unlock achievements in real time. In this example, in order to unlock the achievements they did unlock while playing Japan and ABC Islands (from inside Norway), all they would have to do is launch those two modules separately.

That way you could potentially have a thousand hours of gameplay in any particular module but a negligible amount of recorded time, if you always launched it from inside another module, except from when you'd update/unlock its achievements on Steam.
  • Posted on 10 August 20 at 01:32
    Officialn4meless' achievements in theHunter Classic

This guy right here has clearly done something. He's gotten 100% in many games and only with a playtime of a couple minutes per. Where I saw him first was the game The Hunter Classic and it has an achievement for playing almost 9000 hours and almost all of his achievements have unlocked on the same day in every game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads