Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Old time limited achievement unlocked - discussion

• Posted on 26 October 18 at 01:54
    Hi there everyone

I fired up APB Reloaded yesterday for the first time in months and months as they are going to be starting a Halloween event soon.

I didn't do anything interesting in there, just looked in the social district, I didn't participate in any game related activity.

I've looked at my Steam profile tonight and noticed I have a new rarest achievement, and it's for APB Reloaded:

Unlocked 24 Oct @ 6:49pm
    Deck the Halls 2014
    Earned by gaining score in the 12 Deaths of Christmas Event in 2014. - Unlocks the FAR 'Vanguard' for purchase on completion.

That was very odd as I didn't do anything to unlock it. APB:R was bought by a new developer a few months ago and they have been updating things, maybe that had something to do with it?

I'm guessing that the achievement unlocking was either:
    1. A glitch in the system, or
    2. An achievement that I did unlock in 2014 and for whatever reason it's only just now chosen to update on my Steam account. I was participating in events back in 2014 (I have the screenshots to remind me) so that could be it.

However, it's worried me a bit as obviously it's a 2014 achievement, and it's unlocked in 2018.

I suppose part of the reason for this post isn't just to note the technical issues, but to say "Guys, this has happened, this is what I know, I wasn't cheating".

I hope you have ways and means of spotting the cheaters with unlocking software and people that have been caught in a glitch. I mean, unlocking a date limited achievement four years after the fact would have to be pretty stupid wouldn't it!

Cheers.

Moon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads