Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Unlocking achievements in shared games

• Posted on 07 February 18 at 03:16
    Are you not able to unlock achievements through certain shared games? I share games with 2 different users on one computer but only 1 I can actually unlock achievements in those games. The shared games from 1 profile I can unlock achievements in is a profile that plays on this computer and the one I can't is a profile on a different computer. Would that have something to do with it?
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:10
    TSA Patrick said:
    No offense but this question is unrelavent because your achievements aren't being tracked anymore here on TSA
    User has privacy settings which prevents them from being displayed - nothing to do with achievements no longer being tracked.

With regards to the original post, it seems to be heavily dependent on the title in question. Some games DO allow the non-owner account to unlock them, some seem not to. If I remember correctly from when we were testing this, Life Is Strange will allow a non-owner to play, but it did not unlock any achievements.
  • Posted on 09 February 18 at 22:38
    said:
    TSA Patrick said:
    No offense but this question is unrelavent because your achievements aren't being tracked anymore here on TSA
    User has privacy settings which prevents them from being displayed - nothing to do with achievements no longer being tracked.

With regards to the original post, it seems to be heavily dependent on the title in question. Some games DO allow the non-owner account to unlock them, some seem not to. If I remember correctly from when we were testing this, Life Is Strange will allow a non-owner to play, but it did not unlock any achievements.
    I've turned all my privacy settings to public a few days ago but achievements still aren't tracking on here.

And to my original post, I figured out why I wasn't unlocking the achievements. It seems to be related to the cloud saves. I just went into my games and disabled the cloud saving setting for that particular game I wanna play (If it supports cloud saves) and was able to immediately unlock achievements for that game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads