Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Would save reloads count as cheating?

• burtybobburtybob256,750
    Posted on 07 June 17 at 18:29
    Hi IT,

This is most likely one for yourselves...

So, only just read the cheating policy (should have read it long ago but since I don't tend to intentionally exploit anything never worried). However, one that got me think was around AoE2 where it's possible to reload/quit/reload saves to gain achievements (I.E. Save the game just before winning as Tribe X, win, reload save, win, reload... etc) and this will count Tribe X as winning over and over.
    Now... After reading the Cheating Policy I don't *think* it falls foul of anything deemed as cheating but I wonder if it might get close to the "Editing or manipulating game / save files" but it's not actually editing or manipulating the save FILE... AND the defence would be: "Taking advantage of bad coding in general (Left 4 Dead 2 late join)"? As what allows the event to track is in effect bad coding by AoE2 devs?

Many Thanks,
    Burtybob
  • Posted on 08 June 17 at 01:37
    Hi burtybob,

As a general rule we do not punish users for exploiting game mechanics. If you are not editing any files outside of the game etc, it falls outside of our cheat policies and would not be held against you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions (or if my answer wasn't clear in any way) and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

TSA Investigations Manager
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads