Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Achievement Sync (Uplay/EA)

• MethanoLMethanoL75,808
    Posted on 08 January 24 at 01:10
    Hello, quick question if this is the right place.

I have bought a few games years ago on EA and Ubisoft launchers. Namely AC Odyssey, Southpark FbW and Jedi Fallen Order.

I have either completed them or are very close to. I planned to rebuy them on steam when they go on sale because I want to keep everything there. I read that in some cases achievements might sync and auto pop.

Obviously with 0 hours played if 50-60 achievements pop it will look sketchy here.

Is there someone I should contact? How does it work? I can obviously provide proof from the original launcher stats of each game.

Thanks!
  • JellyStormJellyStorm164,231
    Posted on 08 January 24 at 08:34
    You don't need to do anything.

I'm pretty sure achievements synced from other platforms like EA or Microsoft are impossible to verify. It just goes to show how unsatisfying it is to hunt achievements on Steam.
  • MethanoLMethanoL75,808
    Posted on 08 January 24 at 09:31
    JellyStorm said:
    You don't need to do anything.

I'm pretty sure achievements synced from other platforms like EA or Microsoft are impossible to verify. It just goes to show how unsatisfying it is to hunt achievements on Steam.
    It’s annoying isn’t it? I spent 150 hours on Odyssey, 147 hours on Witcher 3 (on GOG) which I obviously can’t transfer and SAM is not allowed in such a case and the list goes on. I just like having my games in one place and complete them there :(
  • MethanoLMethanoL75,808
    Posted on 11 January 24 at 17:44
    For anyone wondering. I purchased EA Play to test if Fallen Order would sync with my steam account and unlock all achievements. It did, but of course the time played (30 hours didn't transfer).

I can always provide proof, but it's annoying you can't sync those details.
  • JellyStormJellyStorm164,231
    Posted on 13 January 24 at 08:28, Edited on 13 January 24 at 11:01 by JellyStorm
    MethanoL said:
    For anyone wondering. I purchased EA Play to test if Fallen Order would sync with my steam account and unlock all achievements. It did, but of course the time played (30 hours didn't transfer).

I can always provide proof, but it's annoying you can't sync those details.
    Oh no, I should have clarified that achievements you unlock on platforms that have Steam integration do show up on your Steam account.

The problem though is that the time-stamps are all messed up so it's pretty much impossible to tell the legitimacy of those achievements.
  • MethanoLMethanoL75,808
    Posted on 14 January 24 at 07:25
    No worries, it’s fine. what I found also annoying was that on the ea launcher while I have the achievements legitimately unlocked they have no timestamps either.

Oh well! Wish we had an ecosystem a bit more like PS!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads