Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Private Servers for Online Achievements

• agsmithagsmith18,846
    Posted on 28 June 23 at 00:57, Edited on 28 June 23 at 00:59 by agsmith
    Is using a private server when a game’s servers have been shut down for good considered cheating by TSA? I’m talking about in instances where the achievement was otherwise earned legitimately (ie for “get 50 kills,” the person got 50 kills on the private server).

Part of why I’m moving toward PC gaming is the prospect of playing some older games whose servers went down years ago online by using private servers.

Edit to add: sorry if wrong forum. Just seemed like the best place for the question, even though I’m not under investigation.
  • Posted on 28 June 23 at 21:55
    Private servers are fine. We may ask for a link to the setup guide, Nexus Mods page, Github, etc. during an investigation to verify a private server can be brought online. So please keep that in mind.
  • agsmithagsmith18,846
    Posted on 29 June 23 at 04:37
    I haven’t done this yet (at least with games that are tracked here), but I’ve been thinking about cracking into Assassin’s Creed and Arkham series. As I understand it, these are only possible to 100% some games with private servers.

Thanks for the response!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads