Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Investigation Team Needs More Members

• rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 03 March 23 at 17:12
    Hello,

It seems that either the investigation team is understaffed or just don't care to do investigations? I've reported blatant cheaters with all the information needed to look into, but nothing happens. Try to re-report a month later and it says there's already a report. Try another month later, same thing. This is pretty much the sole reason I don't upgrade to premium.
  • Posted on 05 March 23 at 19:58
    I checked all of your reports. There are only 2 (your latest ones) that have not had their investigation completed yet.

Once an investigation has been completed, you are not able to report the user again for a few months.

Despite what people may think, reporting someone does not automatically make them guilty of breaking the cheat policy. That's why we investigate.
  • rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 06 March 23 at 01:39
    Thanks for the reply,
    I do realise not everyone is automatically guilty, and you are probably right in that there are only two active reports. Most of the ones I try to report tell me there is already an investigation or that number would be higher :) Mostly people with games complete in 1 minute that clearly take tens or hundreds of hours. They don't seem that hard to investigate but I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
  • rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 06 March 23 at 02:25
    I don't know if it's been discussed before but it might make your jobs easier if you allow people to "add to a report" if they try to report an already reported profile.
  • JellyStormJellyStorm164,227
    Posted on 08 March 23 at 03:48, Edited on 08 March 23 at 03:52 by JellyStorm
    Some of these reports really do take forever. Even the broken achievements take forever to be listed as unobtainable. I suspect two of my reports got dismissed because there was a huge misunderstanding regarding the broken nature of an achievement.

The only reason I'm suspecting this is because the disclaimer on a broken achievement is flat out wrong.
  • rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 09 March 23 at 15:04
    Kazarann

I've been trying to report this one for a week give or take, but I keep getting the error they already have a report. To me this one is a no brainer, well over 10 games 100%'d in a day with 1 minute playtimes is the first thing you see on their profile.
  • rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 16 March 23 at 21:55
    Approx. one week later and still can't report for same reason. Hell, I'll volunteer to work for the Investigations Team if you wanna teach me :p
  • Posted on 16 March 23 at 23:56
    I can look into the matter if you think an initial investigation of a user missed something. Click on my name to send me a PM.
  • rdkehoerdkehoe189,363
    Posted on 18 March 23 at 00:05
    Looks like you got the obvious one I was trying to report, thanks :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads